Thursday, August 14, 2014

August 11, 2014

Dear Family,

Its been a good week! I can't believe its already the last week of the transfer! Time has been flying by. Well a lot of good things have been happening. We saw a lot of crazy miracles this week! One thing that I believe I learned this week a little better was persistence. We're teaching a man named Anthony and I was tempted to drop him a couple of weeks ago because he was just so flaky. Well we were persistent with him and didn't give up on him. We were able to get with him this week. We had the most spiritual lesson with him. One of the most spiritual lessons I've had in a long time. He committed and wants to be baptized on September 20th. He told us the spirit he felt during that lesson was something he couldn't deny and meeting with the missionaries is something he wants to take a lot more serious right now. It was a great blessing and I'm super excited for him. 

Recently we started teaching the kids of a part member family. Well, Kenneth(bubba) is the boyfriend of one of the daughters and he's been joining us in the lessons. Well in the lesson this week he committed to be baptized on September 13th. This whole church thing doesn't seem to be on the highest of his priorities so we'll see what happens. It was still a huge miracle and super awesome. 

Mark and Ralph are both still doing good on their addictions and we met with both of them several times this week. If they pass their interview, they will go through for this Friday for there baptisms. Mark asked my companion to baptize him and Ralph asked me the other day If I would baptize him. So it will be a special day for both me and my companion and obviously Mark and Ralph as well. Both of them are just starting to feel super comfortable at church which feels so good. They both made it to church again on Sunday

For P-day we got to go ride go carts and go laser tagging for free. We went with the whole zone so it was all a pretty good time! 

I feel like I become a little more changed every day on my mission. Its weird to look at myself at where I was at the beginning of my mission or even before my mission and look at myself now. The Gospel is something  that is so precious and dear to me now. I feel like my testimony is as strong as ever and its something that means so much to me now.(Read Ether 12:6) Love you guys I hope you have a great week! 

-Elder Rosenbaum

No comments:

Post a Comment