Friday, December 12, 2014

December 8, 2014

Dear Family,

It was another good week! A lot has happened and we've seen a lot of good miracles. First off, I received word from my second convert, Elaine, that she's going through the temple this Saturday and I've been invited to go! Fortunately, unlike the last time I went to the temple for a convert I'm not serving at the furthest possible location away from the temple so it will make getting there a lot easier this time being that I'm only about 20 minutes away from the Sacramento temple currently. I'm super stoked. Elaine is someone we found and taught all the way through when I was with my trainer. I remember my first initial contact with Elaine and she was a little stand offish and a little argumentative. Well the spirit worked with in her and now just over a year later she's going through the temple. Elaine and her son, Rivers, are two of my favorite people I've met and taught throughout my mission. Rivers, unfortunately won't be going through the temple this Saturday because he relapsed with some word of wisdom issues but hopefully he'll be there soon!

We're teaching a lady named Michelle right now and we had a super good lesson with her this week. Her two daughters decided to join us in the lesson as well so that was super cool. They couldn't come to church yesterday but they all committed to come to church this coming Sunday. Its kind of rare you get to teach a whole family like that so we're pretty excited. We had a bom restoration lesson with them the other week so hopefully things work out. One of Michelle's best friends is our former relief society president so everything is coming into place a little bit.

We're teaching a part-member family named the Scheighs and their daughter got baptized back in March and we're trying to teach the father and 12 year old son Colton. Well both Jeff(the father) and Colton have come to church several weeks in a row now which is awesome. Colton has expressed interest in being baptized so hopefully everything works out.

And by the way the 'He is the gift' video is amazing. Watch it if you haven't. Christ is the reason for the season and is the ultimate gift and the first gift of Christmas. A gift that keeps on giving today. I hope you all have a great Christmas season! Love you guys have a great week!

Elder Rosenbaum

No comments:

Post a Comment