Sunday, July 13, 2014

July 7, 2014

Dear Family,

So a lot is going on here. We had transfer calls Sunday night. Both me
and Elder Cevering were praying that we would stay together for
another transfer but I guess The Lord had another plan. My companion
has been transferred to Grass Valley. I have been called to train
again and I also stayed district leader. My district will probably be
one of the youngest districts in the mission. There's only 3
companionships in our district and we've all been assigned to train.
So I'm not sure exactly whats going to go down but I believe on
tuesday the 3 of us will travel the length of the mission down to
Antelope and stay the night there and pick up our greenies wednesday
morning.

A couple of cool things that happened this week. We were able to go to
sundial bridge. It was pretty cool. Its a pretty big hit up here.
Check out my picture on facebook if you want to see it! As far as the
work here we just worked with the people I've been telling you about.
It frustrates me how hard satan can work sometimes in your
investigators lives. Mary has failed to come to church the last 2 week
and is still having a hard time over coming cigarettes. So her baptism
will be pushed back. We are gonna start taking it a lot slower with her. I
think everything will work out, it will just take some time.  We have
awesome lessons when we're over there though and she has told us she
recognizes the spirit and feels it when we come over so that is a
plus! We're just praying super hard that she can make some final key
steps so she can reach her baptism.

So remember Pao I used to talk about all the time when I was first in
this area? We had him on date for baptism and everything. Well we lost
contact with him because he moved last minute. But we were able to
find him through facebook and set up a skype lesson with him. He's
back meeting with the missionaries and preparing for baptism but in a
different ward in Redding so that was actually a huge miracle for us
this week. It was awesome to talk with him again.

Jeremiah is still a stud and still working towards July 26th to be
baptized. For being only 12 he knows and understands a lot about the
Gospel. Its been awesome.

Another cool miracle! We got a referral and we were able to talk with
him on the phone. He told us that he grew up in a mormon home but was
never baptized and he rebelled against it when he was younger. Well I
guess his heart has been softened and he told us he wants to start
meeting with us and he wants to get baptized. We have a lesson with
him tomorrow! Talk about a golden prospect. The Lord has been blessing
us! Also, every week we visit this less active lady named June Pierce.
Well we've been working with her for awhile now and her boyfriend told
June that he wants to take the discussions. So we talked with him and
we have dinner with them this thursday and will be teaching the first
discussion! The work is definitely going in the right direction.

We live up on a hill so our backyard had a good view of the fireworks
that the city launches so we were able to watch those with the members
we live with so that was awesome as well!

I was sick for a couple of days this week but we still tried to do
what we could. I'm basically feeling all the way better so things are
good! I just reallized this email is really long...oh well Love you
guys! Have a great week!

-Elder Rosenbaum

No comments:

Post a Comment