Friday, November 8, 2013

November 4, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,

So we had a crazy week. My new companion got here Tuesday afternoon. His name is Elder Walton and he's from Canada. Me and Elder Harper both got companions from Canada so that was pretty cool. He's a really solid missionary, really obedient, and likes to work hard. We should be able to do some good work this transfer. My companion is the district leader. So we moved into a different member of our ward on Thursday. Brother Reeve was frequently gone a lot with work and that left us home alone a lot with Sister Reeve and that's against the rules so President decided to move us and the new member we're living with is Brother Sypherd. He's an older man about 80 and his wife is passed away so its a good opportunity for him to house the missionaries so he's not so lonely and he's super excited to have us in his house. He's an awesome guy one of the most Christ-like people I've met so far. We spent most of Thursday with Elder Bell building our beds and moving in. We're all settled in and its been really good for the couple of days we've been there.

Awesome news! Remember Anne I told you guys about in the past? Well we decided to reteach the Restoration to her so she could feel the spirit and we were able to recommit her to baptism again! Its scheduled for November 23rd. So that's super exciting. Tim's baptism is for now still a go for December 7th. We seem to have a good amount of investigators and we're keeping really busy. With transfers most of Tuesday and moving in on Thursday we were still able to teach over 20 lessons this week.  So its been a crazy week. So far I haven't really had a problem taking over the area. I've been here for awhile so I know it pretty good.
Thanks for all the Birthday wishes! It means a lot! Dad, I meant to send you a birthday letter on Saturday but I missed the mail man so you should be receiving a birthday card sometime this week. So I hope you had a great day yesterday. I hope everything works out with Kathleen's surgery I'll be praying for her!

Love and miss you guys! Have a great week!
 
Oh and by the way the members house we moved into their basement flooded last night... we spent most the night helping him clean everything up. crazy stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment