Thursday, October 31, 2013

October 28, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,

We had transfer calls Sunday night. My companion, Elder Harper, got transferred to Rocklin and is going to be a zone leader up there so he's pretty excited. I'm gonna miss working with him in Paradise. I couldn't have had a better trainer, we got along really well. My new companion's name is Elder Walton and he's from Canada. I've never met the guy before I've only heard things about him. He'll get here tomorrow and we'll begin working. It should be a good experience. I'm thinking I'll only be in Paradise for 6 more weeks though because its pretty abnormal to stay in a area longer than 6 months. A couple of my really good buddies from the MTC got transferred to my zone, so it should be a pretty fun transfer. And I'll be moving in tomorrow with a different member of our ward,.his name is brother Sypherd. He's one of the most Christ-like people I know and he's super excited to start housing the missionaries because he's a single, older man and gets lonely at times. He has a really nice house and we're going to have the whole upstairs at his house. Its a really nice arrangement and it should work out really well. I'm really grateful for the members we were staying at(the Reeves). They really taught me a lot and did a lot for us. So if you want to send me stuff I'm not sure what my new address is yet, so just send it to the mission office. Here it is in case you need it.

California Roseville Mission
8583 Watt Avenue
Antelope, CA 95843

We were able to pick up two new investigators this week. They just kind of came to us. It was a huge blessing. We went to go visit a new member of our ward that moved in and her next door neighbor saw us walking and waved us down and wanted to talk to us. We talked to her for about an hour and she wanted to learn more and for us to come back. We introduced the Book of Mormon to her and she committed to read it and we're going to come back this week and begin teaching her. The other investigator that we picked up this week her name is Tracey. We was sitting in the parking lot of our church waiting for someone and we went and talked to her and she was so excited that we ran into her. She expressed interest in coming to services the following Sunday. She said she has a lot of family that are Mormons and she thinks what we teach is true so it was a huge blessing to run into her and we're going to begin teaching her. 

Here's a couple pictures I hope you enjoy. Paradise has this road named Honey Run that its famous for, so we thought we better go get a picture by it. The other picture is a picture of a family we're teaching. We carved pumpkins with them and it was a lot of fun. With permission of their mom, we're hoping that they can get baptized sometime in December. The ward has been really great to them. Its been awesome

Happy birthday this Saturday Dad! Hope you have a great day. Thanks for everything you have done and taught me throughout my life. And most importantly thank you for the great example I had in my life. I hope you all have a great week! I love you all. Stay strong and remain faithful.

-Elder Ben Rosenbaum




No comments:

Post a Comment