Thursday, October 10, 2013

October 7, 2013

Dear family and friends,

We had a great week. Conference was terrific! On Sunday we watched it at the members house where we live and we invited Elaine and her son(both recent converts) and watched both sessions and had a brunch in between. I feel like this year from conference I've learned so much then previous years. Probably because I was more open to learn and was more attentive but I loved all the talks. My two favorite talks were Richarrd G Scott about the atonement. It made me focus on my purpose as a missionary and relate it to the atonement. How that's my goal to have everyone I teach and talk to experience the atonement and to be changed through it. My other favorite one was President Uctdorf. I loved how he said to doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith. It really spoke to me. I definitely feel spiritually uplifted and motivated from the words we heard this past weekend.

We had dinner Sunday night with an investigator and her family and we carved pumpkins afterwards.(I'll send pictures next week.) It was with Marie and her family. We have great news. Her mom is finally going to let her be baptized. She was thinking on having it at the end of November or beginning of December. So i'm hoping I'm still here in Paradise for it. Its definitely been a huge blessing. 

We've been kind of in a finding phase. The last couple of weeks we've had baptism dates drop and a couple of investigators drop. So were hoping with all the enthusiasm about missionary work during conference the members will start loading us up with referrals and we can pick up some new investigators and the work will start picking up again. It would be a lot more effective than going out and tracting or something. The biggest thing I've noticed is if your praying for miracles and your being obedient and working hard than good things happen. Thanks for everything. I love you all.

-Elder Ben Rosenbaum

No comments:

Post a Comment