Wednesday, October 16, 2013

October 14, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,

Well we had a good week this past week. It was very unfortunate to hear the news.  I got a missed call from President Weston during our dinner appointment this week and I had the faintest idea that it might be about Grandma. So I called the President after dinner and he informed me of everything that had happened and talked to me. I appreciate you guys letting me know. I pray that all the family may be comforted and feel of the Saviors love and peace during this hard time. Its brings great comfort having the Gospel and knowing that Grandma will be reunited with Grandpa. That knowledge definitely made it a lot easier for me. I gave a talk in sacrament meeting yesterday and it was about charity. I shared with them that grandma was of the best examples in my life of charity and the pure love of Christ. 

We picked up a new investigator last week. His name is Pat. He was clearly fully against the Church in every aspect but he said he wanted to learn more about it before he came to a full conclusion. He said the Book of Mormon was a lie so we challenge him to prove it wrong. We're going to be meeting with him again this week. We had a great discussion with him and it lasted almost 2 hours so hopefully his heart will be opened and be willing to learn. 

The youth in our stake put on a musical and it was actually super good and really spiritual. Two of our investigators, Marie and Gerald, were in the play so it was a really good experience for them. We were able to invite and get a couple of less active people there and our recent convert Elaine. It was a great experience for them and hopefully it will bring a desire to them to come back to the Gospel. 

With the limited amount of investigators we have right now we've been doing a lot of less active work and it's truly been a blessing to help these people feel the spirit again in their lives and hopefully have the desire to come back. We're still teaching our investigator named Kim and she's coming along and progressing really well. 
We're going to play volleyball for p-day today and maybe go golfing so it should be fun. Hope you guys all have a great week. Love you all. 

-Elder Rosenbaum

No comments:

Post a Comment