Tuesday, December 10, 2013

December 9, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,

Well we received transfer calls last night. I'm getting transferred!!! I'm getting transferred to Citrus Heights which is the furthest south as our mission goes. Citrus Heights is right below Sacramento so its going to be a huge change going from Paradise which is small, lot of trees, kind of out here in the middle of nowhere to a big city. I'm going to be in a bike area too which is going to be kind of different. I'm going to be senior companion. I've never met or heard of the person I'm going to be companions with but I understand he's been out for 3 months. Its should be a fun and exciting time. I'm definitely going to miss Paradise. I'm grown really close to this ward and they've been awesome to me. They announced in church that I would have a high chance of being transferred and everyone was treating me like I was dying or something. haha It was kind of fun. My ward mission leader will be taking me down to my new area tomorrow and w'ere going to meet up with my last companion and go out for lunch so that will be fun too! I hear the south of the mission is completely different than the north. 

We had a great week. We have an investigator who is just on fire. Her name is Deanna and she's on date for January 4th. She's the most promising investigator I've had here in a long time. She came to church on Sunday which was awesome and stayed for all 3 hours. We had dinner with her this week and with the family that is fellowshipping her and had a lesson afterwards. The spirit was so strong. We met with her twice this week. She's 19 years old and just really open to the spirit. After the lesson we went home and there was a huge snow storm which is apparently super rare in Paradise. I live in this neighborhood which has huge hills to get to it and we ended up getting stuck. We called a less active guy named Jim and he came and pulled us out with some chains and his jeep. We didn't end up getting home until like 11 because of it. It was a pretty crazy experience. But we're safe and everything ended up working out.

We taught Elders quorum and young men at church so that was pretty fun. We've picked up a family that we started teaching about 2 weeks ago. We've been able to meet with them about once a week and she has like 8 kids. It was the greatest miracle. If everything works out with them our primary in our ward could really use them. 

I love you all and I look forward to hearing from you at Christmas! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment