Friday, December 27, 2013

December 23, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,

We had a great week this past week. We are now officially one of the
missions testing out iPad mini's. Every missionary has his own iPad. We
all thought it would be one for each companionship but we were wrong.
Haha so it's pretty cool. We're in the process of changing our whole
area book over which is a pretty big pain but it's All good. We also
had a half mission conference this past week which was pretty fun. I
got to see a bunch of people I haven't seen in forever. We just got
news that Elder Dallin H Oaks is coming to our stake conference so I'm
pretty excited for that as well!

We had a ward Christmas party Saturday night. It was a good
opportunity for me to get to know the ward since I'm still pretty new
here. I ended up carving  and serving turkey with my companion for
over 300 people. I felt like I was back at my catering job. Haha I'm
still adjusting to this area but it's gong great! So far I love the
area, ward, and my companion.

We have an investigator named Ellio and the guy is on fire. We
committed him to be baptized in the beginning of January but it's
going to have to be pushed back to February due to certain things.  He
came to church which was awesome and stayed for all 3 hours. He's 22
years old and he even told us when he gets baptized he wants to go on his
own mission. He's even telling all his family and friends about it and
getting them interested so this guy is just a stud.

As far as Christmas goes we can either FaceTime or Skype. Either one
works for me. I'm gonna say let's plan on doing it like mid morning
around 11ish or 10:30ish. I look forward to being able to talk to you
guys. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas. Wishing you guys all the
best. Love and miss you guys.

-Elder Ben Rosenbaum

No comments:

Post a Comment