Sunday, May 4, 2014

April 28, 2014



Dear Family,

We had another great week! We had some interesting experiences this
week. On Thursday we we were biking home  at night in our service
clothes because we had just previously finished some service and Elder
Johnson forgot to put on his light on his bike so we ended up getting
pulled over by this cop. There was definitely something suspicious
going on in the area because we saw a lot of cops there as backup.
Anyways, we got pulled over on our bikes and the cop used the excuse
of my companion not having a bike light to pull us over. We got
talking to her  and we explained that we usually have a white shirt
and tie on and that we're missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter Day Saints. haha She was checking my license and saw that I
was from Utah and immediately asked if I was a Mormon. haha Well
anyways it was a unique teaching opportunity we had and she didn't end
up giving us a warning or anything. And just in case you were wondering
she wasn't too interested in our message but it was worth a try. haha
Elder Johnson and I seem to have a lot of different encounters with
cops. First we had them barge in a house interrupting a lesson and now
this.

Elder Johnson is a great missionary. I can't remember if I told you
guys this or not but he has narcolepsy so he's always falling asleep
during lessons and other situations. Well we were doing some service
for a older lady in our ward who's actually a recent convert and we
were trimming her bushes. Elder Johnson was using the electric trimmer
and he fell asleep while doing it. Well he accidentally chopped the
extension cord with the trimmer and blew a huge circuit or something.
There was a huge spark and everything but fortunately no one got hurt.
The Lord is definitely watching over us.  The electricity wouldn't
work anywhere in her house after that. We worked it out for a
electrician in our ward to come and fix it so everything worked out. I
love Elder Johnson but that would definitely be really hard suffering
from narcolepsy and having no control over that.

We picked up a new investigator this week named Jessie and we are going to
begin teaching his son along with him. He was a referral from a member
which makes our job a lot easier. We always seem to have little
miracles like that everyday.

Our stake did a community day of service on Saturday and it was on a
public trail for biking and running. It was a great way to get to know
the community a little better and get our name out there. I'll send
some pictures of it.

My testimony of this Gospel has grown tremendously. I would say the
biggest thing I've learned or gained from my mission thus far is how
amazing The Book Of Mormon is. Our mission President challenged us to
read it in 85 days which is how long it took Joseph Smith to translate
it and it was such a blessing being able to do that.  I gain a
stronger testimony and witness of that book everyday I go out and talk
to people about it.

Love you guys!


-Elder Rosenbaum

pic 1- Just some of the missionaries
pic 2- me and my companion with some of the young men in our ward.



No comments:

Post a Comment