Monday, June 30, 2014

June 23, 2014

Dear Family,

Well another week has come and gone. Elder Cevering, my current companion, as by far been my favorite companion since my trainer and we've been seeing some miracles. Its been awesome we get along good, we teach well with each other, we have common interest. The last four weeks have just flown by. I'll begin by talking about Mary and Ben Francis. Mary and Ben are a couple we've been teaching ever since I've been in the area. Ben is a less active who hasn't been to church in years. Well on tuesday we had a lesson with them and the spirit was super strong. It was super awesome. Mary has kind of been more on board than her husband. But the spirit touched her and she committed to work towards July 19th for her baptism. We've been helping her over come smoking cigarettes and she's doing awesome. Its been awesome to see The Lord take over and just really help her overcoming her addiction and starting to really progress in the Gospel. They came to stake conference on Sunday and that was the first time we've ever been able to get Mary to come to church and that was the first time Ben came to church in over 20 years. 

We also had a lesson with a part-member family this week named the McCalls. His two sons who are 12 and 8 are not baptized. Well we had a lesson with the whole family including his little daughter and we taught the Restoration. Jeremiah, the ones who's 12, really picked it up well and understood what we were teaching. He basically just asked when he could get baptized and we talked with his dad we set a date for July 12th. Jeremiah has been coming to church for some time and really likes it. So between now and his baptism we'll be teaching the family the rest of the lessons so we're really excited. I've been praying for families to teach and The Lord definitely answered my prayers with this one. 

This Saturday I'll be going back to Citrus Heights for Brayden's baptism. I'm super stoked for it. A missionary in my district also taught him so we're gonna be able to go on exchanges that day and both be able to see it. It will be my first time actually performing the ordinance for someone so that will be really cool for me. We're getting dropped off halfway in my first area, Paradise, and a member from there is taking us the rest of the way so I'm gonna be able to stop real quickly and seeing my first convert, Jacob. The guy is a stud. It should be pretty sweet. 


We went and hiked Brandy Creek falls last p-day. It was super fun. The area here is beautiful. I'll send some pics. Well love you guys. We've been seeing lots of success with finding and teaching lately. I know the big reason for that is because of all your prayers, continue to pray for me. We have a half mission conference this friday to say goodbye to our current mission President and I think meet our new one. It's gonna be kind of weird. Well, until next week! Peace!




No comments:

Post a Comment