Friday, June 6, 2014

June 2, 2014

Dear Family,

It has been a good week, but its also been a really long week! I love my new area! It's beautiful up here. It's completely different from my last area though. There's lots of trees, mountains, rivers, etc here. There is also lots of hills, and more hills! Being on a bike for the previous 6 months I thought I was in pretty good shape for being in a bike area but this area and all these hills are kicking my butt. I've been pretty exhausted. I think its probably been one of the hardest weeks on my mission. But I'm sure when I'm used to it and the new area it won't be as bad. So just some background information about where we live. We live right on top of this HUGE windy steep hill. There's been missionaries who have broken their collar bone, broken leg, and broken wrist. As far as how many of them were actually hit by cars I'm not sure. So its pretty intense. haha I currently live with members and they're called the Goodwin family. We live in there garage which is separate from the actual house. The Goodwins are super nice though.  My companion is Elder Cevering and he's a spiritual giant. I love the kid, we've been getting along really well and I really like the guy. We teach really well together and have seen a lot of miracles this week. We've been working a lot with this guy name Pao. He's awesome. He's been working with missionaries for a long time now and everyone loves him. He's been sober from everything for about two weeks now and he went to the addiction recovery class with us. My first lesson in the area was with him and we were able to set him on date for June 21stPao is so excited for his baptism and he's super proud of how far he's come from when he first came in contact with the missionaries. It's an amazing story. The guy is a stud. He's in his 30's and just the friendliest guy. 
Well thats about it for this week. I don't have a lot of time so I'll try to tell more next week! Love you guys!

Elder Rosenbaum

No comments:

Post a Comment