Thursday, March 26, 2015

March 23, 2015

Dear Family,

Its all good here in Gridley! My first week in my new area has been
good. I think I'm going to like it here a lot and its going to be a
good place to finish my mission. I thought Gridley was a bike area but
when I got here it turned out it was a car area and we've recently
gotten a car because the area was just too big. We cover a good chunk
of the city Gridley and also a city called Biggs. Its a lot different
here than most of my areas. Its a lot of farm and a lot of fields and
orchards which is chill. Its beautiful here. Elder Hudson is my new
companion and the guy is a stud and to be honest probably one of the
hardest working companions I've had which is super nice. He's a pretty
cool guy though and we get along pretty good. He loves basketball and
loves to rap so far we've been having a good time. We're in a four
elder apartment here with the Spanish Elders which is different
because I've been in a members house for so long now. One of the
Spanish Elders is fresh off the plane and from Guatemala and pretty
chill.

We had a lot of success this week and really saw a lot of miracles. We
have a investigator named Garrett Horn. He's about 16 years old. His
mom is a less active member and they've been teaching Garrett for a
little while now. Well Garrett loves to sing so my companion thought
it would be a good idea to finish the lesson with a song. So me and
Elder Hudson sang I need thee every hour. I'm not gonna lie I was
pretty nervous but the spirit helped me out a lot. It was super good
and the spirit was super strong. Sister Horn even ended up going to
church for the first time in years.

We taught a total of 18 lessons this week and just saw a lot of
success. We found a couple of new investigators and just had a really
solid week. My first day in the area this homeless man came up and
started bashing and making fun of us. So we trying to get away and
this cop came and handcuffed him up. I guess they had been looking for
him. haha but it makes for a good story now. Anyways all is well and
going good!

Love you guys!

Elder Rosenbaum

No comments:

Post a Comment