Friday, January 24, 2014

January 20, 2014 - meeting Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, we had a great week. We received transfer calls Sunday night. I
will now be training a new missionary. I'm suppose to go to the
mission office wednesday morning and I'll find out who my new
companion is. I still feel like I'm pretty new out here but I know for
sure that this is what The Lord wants. It will definitely be a test to
how well I know this area considering I've only been here for 6 weeks
but I know it'll all work out. I'm excited for the opportunity!

Well, we had the opportunity to hear from Elder Oaks at stake
conference and Elder Smith of the seventy. It was a wonderful
experience. I was able to meet him Saturday night after the adult
session and shake his hand and talk with him. Turns out his wife is
from Spanish Fork which is pretty cool. After Sunday's session I went
with a recent convert in our ward to go meet him and shake his hand
and it was amazing how Elder Oaks could discern with the spirit what
exactly to say to him. He was having a hard time and maybe doubting
his testimony and it was cool to see what an apostle of The Lord had
to tell a recent convert. It was a great experience. These truly are
inspired brethren running our church.

Well, our most promising investigator who's committed to be baptized is
now in Jail so thats kind of an awkward situation. He got accused of
highjacking a car and he didn't do anything. So getting him baptized
might take a little longer now than was originally planned. We're
working a lot with two familys the Hurn family, a part member family.
We're teaching their 9 year old daughter Irish. Everything there has
been going well. We're also working a lot with a recent convert family
the Hernadez's and the husband is now the only one who hasn't decided
to be baptized. The Hernandez's are probably one of my favorite
family's here, they're awesome! Hopefully Omar decides to make that
decision soon!

Well thats all this week! I love you all and wish you guys all the best!

-Elder Rosenbaum

No comments:

Post a Comment