Friday, October 10, 2014

October 6, 2014

Dear Family,

This week has blown by, its amazes me how fast time keeps going. We are officially moved into our new apartment. That took a lot of our time, I was amazed at how much stuff we had to move out of our last place. I can't remember if I told you guys or not but for the last 4 months I've been living in a garage, so it feels weird again to have a stove, carpet and things like that in our apartment. We live in the dead center of our area which makes things so nice for us especially being on bikes. 

Marks funeral was great. It was obviously really sad but the services were really good and there were a lot of nonmembers there. Both me and my companion had the chance to speak at it, so it was a good experience for us. Marks daughter, Josephine, has been inviting us back to her house which has been a huge blessing. We're really hoping she starts to progress and take the same steps her father took. 

We were so blessed to start teaching a 12 year old Kyra this week. She who wants to be baptized. She has been adopted into an active family and the family wanted it to be her decision and she decided she wants to meet with us which is a huge miracle. We met with her for the first time yesterday. 

Robert and Shannon are doing great! Robert is now baptized and his wife will be following him on October 18th which is awesome! They both watched conference and loved it.

Jacob, my first convert of the mission, is getting his endowments out on Oct 10 and getting sealed on Oct 11!! How cool is that!! I've been invited to go so I'm pretty excited for that. When I went back to a baptism in that area several weeks ago and I got to stop by and visit them and it was awesome. 
  
The Lord has been so good to us. Right now we have 2 people on date for baptism so we're continuing to see good things happening.  I wish I could tell you guys more fully everything that happens but I would ramble on forever. I love you guys and miss you a ton. The church is still true even if your Heisman quarterback gets injured at Utah State and we end up losing. Keep the faith! Listen to the words of Gods servants and apply want we've learned this weekend and act on it.  Have a great week!

Elder Rosenbaum

Oh and FYI I got to see Meet The Mormons before it officially came out. They showed it to all the missionaries since we can't go to the theaters. It was terrific! I encourage all to go see it and invite your friends to see it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment