Monday, November 24, 2014

November 17, 2014

Dear Family,

Its been quite a week for me. We'll start from the beginning. Tuesday was the day I traveled to my new area. Due to it being super far away, and many other delays to say the least it was a long day of traveling but I made it here just before 9 o'clock that night.  My main area is the Auburn city  which is about 30 miles from Sacramento but I also cover two smaller towns called New Castle and also Forest Hill. If you have a chance to goggle them, I would encourage you do it, it's absolutely beautiful up here. My last two areas have been a lot of the main city and this area is completely the opposite, so its cool to have some change and experience something new. Also after 8 straight transfers(one year) on a bike I'm finally back in a car. We actually have a Nissan truck so that's pretty cool. My new companions name is Elder Vielstich and he's from New Jersey so that's pretty cool as well. We also live with members here and I'm pretty sure their house is well worth over a million dollars its huge. We live in what they call 'the barn' but its just a giant garage on the side of their house which is super nice. I feel like I've adjusted well and I'm really gonna like it here.

We saw a ton of miracles this week. Due to a lot of what we cover is upper class people, I understand the work in this area has generally been a little slow. They seem to only get like 3 or 4 lessons a week if they work hard. Which I'm definitely not used to so hopefully we can pick things up.  But we were able to get 9 lessons this week and that's without being here on Tuesday. They were literally all miracles. We had some super spiritual lessons. On Sunday we went over to this Lady's house her name is Michelle and she was a referral from a member. I guess the missionaries have tried numerous times  and she had never been there so  we were just gonna try one more time, then just drop it. But we went by and she invited us in and was super friendly and just ate up the first lesson. It was super spiritual. She soft committed to be baptized and was super excited to read The Book of Mormon. I guess her daughter who isn't a member  has been anxiously engaged recently reading the BOM as well so hopefully we can start teaching her as well.

We also have this this investigator named David who we were able to teach twice this week with his grandmother who joined the church a couple of years ago. It was super cool. He was super open with us and is progressing really well. We invited him to be baptized and tried to set a date with him but he said no and expressed all his concerns to us which we were able to help address them which was super awesome. He said he would pray about being baptized and ask a specific question so he can receive a specific answer. So we had some good things happen this week.

Love you guys I hope you all are doing well!

-Elder Rosenbaum

No comments:

Post a Comment